Happy Sunday everyone!
Thank you to everyone who took photos of the competition! They are great! Thanks in advance for the pics that have yet to be posted. :) Just curious, does anyone else feel like they’ve been run over? Ha! There’s a lot of information to be relayed tonight. I am so tired that I can’t formulate clever segues between points, so I’m just bullet pointing everything. You’re welcome.
Send in your cute baby pics so we can guess who you are! Who is featured this week?? Let us know your guesses in the comments!
· Price increase on website payments: We pay a lot in “fees” (close to $500/yr) from online shopping/payments. To offset those fees, payments made online will have a $1 convenience fee. But wait there’s more: We now have an Order Online, Pay in Cash/Check Option so you can avoid that pesky “fee”.
· Bulldog Concessions We need a few more people on Friday to work the Bulldog Concession Stand. 3-4 students or adults for the food stand & 3-4 TIPS/LEAD trained adults to work the Beer Booth. Follow the links to sign up for the Food Booth or Beer Booth https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050e48a5ac2cabfc1-1018
· Bierock Sales are on! For over 20yrs the Bullard Band has had a tradition of baking & selling Bierocks, and we intend to keep that tradition. I am challenging each student to sell just 2 dozen so we can surpass our goal of 125 dozen sold. In the past, we have sold upwards of 180 dozen, but in the last 2 years, we have had a really difficult time selling a minimum of 100 during the baking season. If each student sells 2 dozen, we will sell a little over 200 dz! That would be AMAZING. Orders are due no later than Wednesday, November 6th. We will bake & package them on November 9th. You can pay at pick up if that is helpful (although not ideal)
· General Parent Meeting Thursday 7 pm (Senior Parents, come at 6:30 so we can touch base on the Senior Dinner)
· Savemart Center Events: Please make sure you are signing up to work Savemart Center. There are a few more sign-ups coming as more events were added to the schedule over the last couple days.
· TRUNK OR TREAT at the LAST THURSDAY REHEARSAL! That’s right! After our last Thursday Night practice, which incidentally will be on Halloween, we will be hosting our very own “Trunk or Treat”. Traditionally families will come to the last rehearsal and watch the final run-through of the show. SO… come on out and do that, and then participate in the Trunk or Treat. (probably won’t be in trunks though, more than likely on the concrete in front of the Band Room). Bring your kids, dress up in costumes. The Seniors will apparently be in Togas. Please donate a big bag of candy for us to hand out OR bring your own “Trunk” and set up with us around the concrete circle and walkway. The kids can get their Trick or Treat on. For more info OR if you want to help facilitate this please contact me, Evelyn deGallery (aka Amazing Visionary and starter of things. Strong Finisher? Not so much, but she tries.) 5593679333 OR email@example.com
And now, what you’ve all been waiting for (imaginary drum roll) This week’s Look Ahead!
Has anyone notice that October is HALF OVER?? What the actual heck?!
5 pm-8pm Rehearsal
(6:30 pm) Senior Dinner Planning Meeting
(7 pm) General Parent Meeting
After practice and the parent meeting, stop by the table and get your SaveAround Coupon Books, Jamba Juice Cards, Show Shirts & Show Stickers.
No Football This week!
Fresno State Concessions
We need about 4 people to work the Food Stand, this can be anyone 16 yrs and up. We also need 3-4 TIPS/LEAD trained adults to work the Beer Booth.
8 am - 1 pm Rehearsal
Inquiring Minds Want To Know
Earlier today on our Facebook Group, Doug Richardson asked Mr. Cargill about the way the WBA scores their competitions. If you didn’t catch it, I posted his answer below. (most likely if you were born after 1990 you will not understand the above reference.)
An Answer From Mr. Cargill:
WBA has about the world’s most complicated judging and scoring system so hopefully I can make sense of it:
Bands get judged in 4 main captions each with 2 sub-captions. To get the main caption score the 2 sub-captions are averaged.
General Effect: 30 points
- general effect Music
- general effect visual
GE is judging the total performance in all of its aspects as it relates to the students as performers. Is the band both musically and visually communicating ideas clearly and does it make sense from a visual and auditory stand point. Is what the Color Guard doing complimenting the music, are the winds and percussion adding visual choreography and “character” moments that are highlighting the story that is being told. Is the music being performed in a way that that shows a high level of musical understanding and execution in tandem with a high level of visual performance and control.
Music: 30 points
- ensemble music